Find connection, information, and inspiration when you join our Volunteer community online.
Whether it’s by telling unique stories, highlighting the student experience, or recognizing academic achievements, social media is an ideal way to show the world how great it is to be a Volunteer! Through UT Knoxville’s social media, students, families, alumni, neighbors, and friends can all find a place to connect and share the Big Orange love. We reminisce with our alumni about fond memories, marvel at the beauty of our campus, and recognize Volunteers for outstanding accomplishments—and social media is where it all happens! #GoVols
Connect with Us!
Looking for an account for a specific college, program, or department? Visit our social media directory.
Creating a New Account
Creating social media accounts for your unit is a strategic decision. Find more information about starting a new account here.
Social Media Guidelines and Best Practices
Our social media guidelines provide parameters and best practices for employees representing the University of Tennessee through official social media accounts.
Need help? If you are a student, faculty, or staff member experiencing an issue on social media, please contact one of the below resources for assistance.
- Students in distress can contact 974-HELP 24/7 to connect with a mental health professional.
- Faculty and staff in distress can contact 964-CARE.
- Discrimination complaints can be filed with the Office of Equity and Diversity.
- Incidents of sexual harassment, dating violence, domestic violence, stalking, or retaliation can be reported to the Office of Title IX. Most faculty and staff are mandatory reporters.
- Campus climate concerns can be reported at the Campus Climate website.
- Workplace conflict or concerns can be reported to Human Resources.
Learn about free speech on campus at freespeech.utk.edu.
The Office of the Dean of Students provides additional resources for students.